The last Champions League was a rich clubs affair. Big guns Manchester United and even fiercer one Barcelona (sorry Reds, but these guys were good!) were taking on each other. To play in their league, teams have to invest in billions of shillings in players. This alone keeps many good and deserving teams out of the Champions league as they cannot afford to fork out the money required. That is why Wigan cannot make a bid for Rooney or Christian Ronaldo. Messi? They can’t even think about making a bid for him.
This is the same logic that applies to investing. Premium stocks are simply too highly priced for many retail investors. This makes them only accessible to the big boys who have lot money to spend.
The most expensive stock in the Nairobi Stock Exchange for instance costs KSh300 a share. You need at least a million plus shillings just to invest in such a stock. And that would get you a minimal of 3,000 shares. You can use the change to buy the Christmas goat and some liquor for the wazee in the village.
Other investments like bonds also require huge capital to invest in. And woe onto you if you don’t know how the market works and you lose your money.
But hey, take heart, untie the goat and let it graze. I am about to let you in a life changing secret. You don’t need the big money to play in the financial champions’ league.
You need to invest in British American unit trusts. Unit trusts are a collective investment scheme contributions that are pooled together to purchase different securities including equities (shares), bonds, cash, bank deposits etc.
It is like a chama where people pool their money together but with a unit trust, these monies are managed by professional fund managers and the chama members are investors like you and me who have invested in unit trusts. Instead of you putting your money in one stock or investment, our professionals invest the money for you in best performing shares, Treasury bills and bonds and other instruments. You get to reap the benefits of growth in diversified investments.
Our unit trusts also allow you to either make lump sum payment at once or even monthly contributions.
To invest in unit trusts, you must identify a goal for investing, timeframe and your level of risk. Benefits of Unit Trusts include:
- Unit trusts provide potentially superior returns to fixed deposits over the longer term.
- With a relatively small investment, a collective investment provides access to a broad spread of different shares and investments reducing your risks.
- British-American Unit Trusts are managed by highly qualified investment managers and investment specialists
- It has a cash withdrawal facility that allows you to take regular withdrawals especially if you are investing for a specific regular reason like school fees
- British-American unit trusts are flexible and easily accessible as you can sell all or part of your investment at any time.
- A unit trust fund does not pay tax on its income, either from dividends or interest (tag your MP on this!).
- Unit trusts are Safe and Transparent as they are strictly controlled under the Capital Markets Authority.
What are you waiting for? Contact a British American financial advisor and watch your money work for you! Or leave a comment and we will contact you with more details.